Holy Mackerel Mustard!
I wanted to start posting regularly on the health benefits foods that are in our diet, so I thought I would start on Mustard & Mackerel! Oh my!!
Mustard is rich in protein, fiber, vitamin C and many B-complex vitamins. There are several health benefits of mustard for the body like relief from muscular pains, ringworm and respiratory disorders as well and also helps in treating cancer and diabetes!
- May help fight against certain types of cancers
- May help with muscle cramps.
- May lower blood sugar levels
- May protect against psoriasis
- May offer protection against infections
- May reduce symptoms of contact dermatitis
- May help with bad breath
- May provide relief from arthritis pain and constipation.
A Mustard Seed is crazy powerful! So now let’s add it too some Mackerel!
Below is all the amazing benefits of Mackerel! (thanks Donald! ;-)
Mackerel is considered some of the most nutritious fishes. They are an excellent source of protein, vitamins B’s and vitamin D. Even their flesh is full of minerals like copper, selenium and iodine. Some of these fishes also contain good amounts of iron and B1. The nutritional benefits of mackerel are truly endless!
- A sustainable source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Contains significant amounts of vitamin B 12.
- Excellent source of proteins.
- An excellent source of selenium.
- May help improve cardiovascular health.
- Provides amazing amounts of vitamin D.
- May help improve cognitive function.
- May help reduce triglyceride levels.
So I know we’re headed into a nice holiday weekend where everyone wants to cook out or have a barbecue, but I say we have some mackerel with some mustard on the side!!
Holy Mackerels……. and some mustard! ;-)
Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend y’all!
2022 © All Rights Reserved.